Improving upon many aspects of the Inspire 2, the DJI Inspire 3 Drone keeps up with the advancements and needs of film and television producers, allowing filmmakers to capture creative and stunning results. It begins with the X9-8K Air, an 8K, full-frame, 3-axis, gimbal camera custom-built for the Inspire 3. It joins a new 1/1.8″ FPV camera with double the DFOV of the Inspire 2. Together, they help capture professional footage and complex shots thanks to a customizable obstacle avoidance system, built-in centimeter-level RTK accuracy, and tracking solutions that allow accurate and repeatable shots.
8K X9-8K Air Gimbal
The heart of the Inspire 3 is the custom-built X9-8K Air gimbal that uses CineCore 3.0, DJI’s latest image processing system to internally record up to 8K25 CinemaDNG video or 8K75 Apple ProRes RAW video, both meeting the needs of professional film and television productions. The footage retains a lifelike texture that’s close to what the human eye can see, allowing for enough space for adding visual effects and color grading. Complex lighting sources are supported with 14+ stops of dynamic range and the use of the DJI cinema Color System authenticity in recording everything from urban landscapes to a variety of skin tones. Additional features include:
- 8K75 Apple ProRes RAW video
- S&Q Mode: Up to full-frame 4K120 ProRes RAW without cropping
- Dual Native ISO at full-frame 30 fps and below
- EI 800/4000 at 24 fps for film production
- EI 320/1600 above 30 fps for commercial and TV production
- 14+ stops of dynamic range for capturing rich highlights and shadow in complex lighting scenarios and allowing for more possibilities during editing
- DJI Cinema Color System (DCCS): An improved DCCS retains authentic colors across natural and urban settings and skin tones in various lighting, and it helps make color matching the X9-8K Air with ground-based cameras easier to achieve.
This feature encompasses a wide range of settings, including Repeatable Routes and 3D Dolly, allowing filmmakers to take advantage of RTK positioning to more easily replicate and capture highly-complex scenes.
- Repeatable Routes: Have the Inspire 2 automatically fly the same route over and over while keeping all preset parameters, such as altitude, speed, gimbal angle, and camera settings. This helps perform difficult one-take shots and fly identical routes at different times of the day for transition shots.
- 3D Dolly: Simulate a crane, cable cam, or dolly shot with the added flexibility that aerial cinematography can provide. You can plan the dolly route and then move the Inspire 3 drone back and forth along it while adjusting speed, gimbal angle, and other parameters as needed.
With improved machine-learning algorithms, the Inspire 3 can use Spotlight Pro to automate subject recognition and locking for both people and vehicles with increased accuracy. Choose from Follow or Free modes to capture the scene.
- Follow Mode: In this mode, the drone and gimbal lock onto a subject and orient toward it in the same direction, allowing for easier circling shots
- Free Mode: Taking advantage of the gimbal’s 360° pan ability, the gimbal can stay locked onto a subject while the pilot uses the FPV camera to check the surroundings and control the flight route.
To help keep the Inspire 3 and bystanders safe during filming, DJI incorporates nine visual sensors to detect obstacles in all directions. This includes 360° horizontal, upward, and downward coverage, in addition to a depth-sensing downward ToF sensor. A fisheye camera is attached to each of the four landing arms. When they are raised, obstruction from the airframe can be avoided, and when lowered, you gain horizontal obstacle sensing.
A new feature offered by the Inspire 3 is the ability to customize obstacle avoidance. So, filmmakers can enable or disable horizontal, upward, or downward sensing independently. This allows pilots to fly closer to objects, performing complex and creative maneuvers without automated avoidance ruining the shot. You still get the ability to manually set a range, where the Inspire 3 will give you an audible alert sound if you get too close, and you’ll always be able to see an object’s distances on the controller’s display.
In addition to classic piloting controls with integrated buttons and dials, the RC Plus’s 7″ display works with the DJI Pilot 2 app to add a live video feed and telemetry, such as camera exposure, video specs, focal length, and gimbal angle. The display provides 1200 nits of brightness, making it suitable for outdoor viewing.
To share the live video feed with others on set, you can use the built-in HDMI output to connect the controller to an optional monitor. It can run for up to 3.3 hours per battery charge and supports hot swapping to extend battery life. If you do fly for long periods, the included strap and waist support help to make piloting more comfortable.
Dual Control with Independent Links
Even with the DJI Inspire 3’s impressive cinematic capabilities, pilots and gimbal operators can expand the drone’s performance even more with optional DL Mount lenses and DJI PRO Ecosystem accessories and features.
- DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor can be used as a second controller to receive live feeds or control the gimbal and focus
- DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus uses the O3 Pro system with the High-Bright Remote Monitor to transmit control signals to the Inspire 3. This allows the focus puller to accurately achieve remote focus and stepless aperture adjustments
- DJI Master Wheels works with a High-Bright Remote Monitor to allow for gimbal control
- DJI Transmission supports unlimited remote monitors with the connection of the RC Plus to a DJI Video Transmitter with Broadcast mode
TB51 Dual-Battery System
Get the Inspire 3 and accessories safely to the set with the included trolly case. An extendable handle, two side handles, and four 360° wheels make transportation easy. Two numbered locks are included to safely secure the case’s contents. The case is designed to hold the following:
- Inspire 3
- X9-8K gimbal camera
- Two RC Plus remotes (one included)
- Four (optional) lenses
- 12 flight batteries (six included)
- Two battery charging hubs (one included)
- Three sets of propellers and more
Multicamera Timecode Sync
In The Box
- DJI Inspire 3 Drone
- RC Plus
- 6 x TB51 Intelligent Battery
- TB51 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub
- 7 x TB51 Intelligent Battery Charging Hub AC Cable
- TB51 Intelligent Battery Paired Batteries Sticker
- 3 x Pair of Foldable Quick Release Propellers
- 2 x Gimbal Rubber Damper
- PROSSD 1TB
- Trolly Case
- USB-C High-Speed Data Cable
- USB-C to USB-A Data Cable
- RC Plus Strap
- RC Plus Waist Support
- Zenmuse X9-8K Air Gimbal Camera
- Zenmuse X9-8K Air Gimbal Camera Case
- DL Mount Lens Cap
- X9 Gimbal Base Cap
- Lens Carrying Case (18/24/35/50 mm)
- Double-Headed Screwdriver
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty (PROSSD 1TB)
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty (Drone, Camera, Charging Hub & Case)
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty (1 Year & Less Than 200 Charge Cycles)
- Limited 3-Month Manufacturer Warranty (Other Accessories, Excluding Propellers)