The Rip Stick 79 is the answer to what stand up paddle surfers want. More power from a smaller blade. Smaller blade size means a higher cadence for bursts of speed, with a low-profile that won’t trip up when executing turns. To generate more power, we developed an innovative double concave dihedral in the power face of the blade. The power pockets created to accelerate into more waves, outrace outside sets and blast over foam piles, Along with more power the double concave shape of the blade face creates a super stable stroke, for all the crazy angles you find yourself paddling. Coupled with our unique 7 degree blade to shaft offset, softer overall flex and wide range of fit options we now offer the surfer a paddle truly specific to the sport. Read more to see the surf specific designs that let the Rip Stick help you perform at a higher level.
- Dihedral-configured for the surf. Our innovative double concave dihedral creates a self-centering dynamic to any angle or placement of any stroke. Focus on catching the wave in the perfect position without worrying about your paddling technique.
- Dihedral-configured for power. The double concave dihedral creates power pockets. Maximum power from a low profile blade shape and smaller overall size. Higher cadence for more speed, less blade in the way for cranking through turns.
- Wave riding utilizes quick, explosive strokes, hence our surf blade shape. This low profile blade shape also avoids tripping up when performing. Complimenting the initial power of the stroke, we softened the flex to protect your body.
- 7 degree shaft to blade offset does 2 key things in the waves. It keeps the blade more vertical in the short-fast strokes needed for surfing and keeps the blade parallel to the surface of the water – eliminating diving and providing a more confident brace.
- 79 square” blade reduces surface area to excel in the surf, but remains powerful with innovative blade design. This small-size blade suits small to medium surfers.
- Increased volume to size ratio enhances the buoyancy of this carbon blade. Creating a feel of the blade “Popping” from the water. Light-fast strokes and added confidence in your bracing.
- We looked to decades of experience in compression molding paddle blades to come up with our ultra-thin edges. Cleaner entry and exit from the water and lighter weight while remaining abrasion and impact resistant.
- Flex is a key element a surf specific paddle. To reduce stress on the body during the bursts of energy needed when surfing, we increased the overall flex compared to our other carbon models, without sacrificing performance or strength.
- Choose your Advanced Fit options. Choose our full carbon 1-piece option in Standard Fit or Small Fit (Ideal for ladies or those with smaller hands.) Or for more specific fit needs, our Performance Adjustable or Performance Travel (3-piece breakdown)
- Read our Advanced Designs + Advanced Fit section below for even more information on this paddle.
Our Ultimate Performance brings together all of our most advanced designs.Paddles that
offer Ultimate Performance have an exceptionally light, buoyant and quiet feel on the water.
7 Degree blade offset.
7 Degree Blade to Shaft offset. Perfect for Surfing and whitewater. Designed to excel with the
short forward stroke and constant bracing needed in these disciplines of stand up paddling.
Blade Dihedral-Stand Up Paddle Surfing
Our innovative double concave dihedral gives our surfing specific Rip
Stick maximum stability and power. A new design concept that will excel in the surf.
SUP Blade Shape
The innovators of the Long Slender Rectangular blade shape. Our blade shape is far and away the
most gentle on the body with a softer feel and higher cadence without having to sacrifice blade surface area.
SUP Palm Grip
Our custom fit palm grip is the most comfortable grip on the market today. You will find that you will be able
to keep a loose grip, even in the toughest of conditions, while the width of the full palm grip enables more blade control.
Whether our straight shaft, or bent, our shafts have a unique feel. Notice the texture, the indexing.
Designed to give you more comfort and control and to be able to feel the precision of every one of your strokes.
SUP Small Fit
Available on our most popular SUP paddles, ladies can match a Small or Mid-sized blade to small
diameter shaft and small sized grip. Proper fit, lighter grip, better technique, eliminate fatigue.
SUP Straight Shaft
For those that like a traditional, simple feel. Our attention to detail in texture,
indexing and flex allows for confident control and comfort all day long.
Carbon – Straight
Our carbon straight shaft is designed with super light weight strong 100% carbon material.
SUP-Rip Stick Shaft
The overall flex of the Rip Stick is the softest of all our carbon paddles.
Protect your body, stay out longer.
SUP Performance Adjustable
Our simple Performance Adjustable helps you fine tune SUP paddle length.
Look to our best selling 74″ to fit the large majority of paddlers