SIZES: 85 | 95 | 110
Introducing our most popular Hover Wing Foil sizes in an exclusive Limited Edition board with Robby’s signature skull graphic, paired with a high gloss finish and a carbon reveal look in the rail/tail area.
This limited range of boards is perfectly suited for wing surfing, or to be used as a SUP foil board, SUP downwind foil board or prone foil surf. Changes to this updated model include a more overall rail curve in the outline, slightly narrower tails, increased nose rocker, and more pronounced bottom shaping and concave. Multiple foot strap insert positions, including wider stance options, give riders the opportunity to choose between a windsurfing style, double front strap setup, or a single surf style setup. The rocker is perfectly balanced so the board flies smoothly parallel to the water surface. Track boxes have been moved further back to better match with the multitude of different foils that riders may pair with the boards. The increased tail kick behind foil boxes combined with the beveled rail guarantees easy take odds and sufficient clearance in turns.
The carbon ultra layup, which now includes extra rail cap reinforcements and Kevlar patches when in high-stress areas gives these boards the lightweight edge minimizing swing weight and enhancing overall performance.
3K CARBON/WOOD CNC EPS CORE CONSTRUCTION
- Lightweight CNC cut EPS core
- High density deck-to-bottom foil track system with carbon reinforcement
- Full 3K carbon deck with wood sandwich and double wood in the stance area
- 3K carbon reinforced wood sandwich bottom
- Kevlar reinforced rails
- Carbon strip bottom stringer
- Diamond diecut EVA pad with micro dot embossing
- Back foot arch support
- Beveled tail kick area
FOOTSTRAP INSERT LAYOUT
- Minimum stance width widened by 5 cm
- 6 hole inserts for front strap positions
- Layout allows for dual strap setup (back strap straight – front strap angled for goofy or regular stance)
- Windsurf style 3 strap setup
- Front: parallel double strap setup
FEATURES FOR S26
- All models have a decreased nose and tail width compared to the S25 shape. This is more apparent on the smaller sizes up to the 95 and only sightly visible for sizes above 95. The result is reduced swing weight, benefiting its use with the Wing-surfer, especially in windier conditions.
- The foil track positioning has been moved closer to the tail on all sizes. This adjustment is more significant on the smaller sizes than on the bigger sizes.
- The tail kick was moved further back to align with the foil track boxes, lengthening the water line which results in earlier lift off.
- The double concave nose shape was accentuated, softening re-entry when coming off the foil.
The Wing-Surfer Matador is compact, light and powerful. It is designed for experienced wing foilers that want to use the smallest wing possible for the prevailing wind conditions, with a focus on riding swells and waves, jumping, and high performance winging.
The Matador has a deeper draft and larger diameter leading edge and strut than a comparably sized Wing-Surfer, with the power placed even further forward. The leading-edge taper is more pointed at the center and carries more dihedral across the wingspan. This all comes together to create a wing that drives upwind with ease, then flags in neutral with amazing stability and balance for riding waves, swells and doing downwinders. With tons of sheet-in-and-go power, even heavier riders will find it easy to get up on their foil.
Once flagged into neutral on a wave or swell, the light and nimble airframe all but disappears like a bull fighter’s cape — allowing you to carve and glide with ease. Thus, the name “Matador.”
Unlike the all-around Wing-Surfer, the Matador is designed to be ridden mostly upwind then flagged downwind, so the windows are small and placed where an experienced rider needs them when riding windward, knowing that most of the time the wing will be flagged behind them with full visibility.
Personal note from CA Kiteboarding – The Naish Matador is a not just for waves. It handles great in flat water locations giving you better upwind performance and power for it’s size. You can actually size down 1/2 meter with these wings. This makes it a more compact size with a drastic reduction of wingtip drag compared to other models. It also has a very direct feel and performs well in jumps, tacks, and backwind riding.