St. Peter-Ording, Germany, August 2 – An enormous crowd gathered at the event site during the final day of the Palmolive for Men Kitesurf World Cup 2009 which was made possible through the sponsorship of Palmolive for Men, We Love, TV14, Jever and the local government of St. Peter-Ording.
There was no wind in the morning and although there was a rain soaked event area during the afternoon, the weather did not hamper the festive mood of the spectators and a lot of the people stayed to watch the awarding ceremony.
After the rain subsided, the winners were recognized on stage an hour earlier than previously scheduled at 3:00 pm.
Dubbed as the Best and largest organized Kitesurfing Event in the World, the Palmolive for Men Kitesurf World Cup 2009 was a 10-day event which featured the best kitesurf riders in the world. Over 50,000 Euros in prize money was awarded to the riders –the biggest in the kitesurfing world.
Defending 2008 Freestyle and Boarder-Cross champion Kevin Langeree (Naish, NED) successfully defended his title in the Grand Slam multi-discipline event.
The Kitesurf World Cup 2009 has been so successful that the event organizers already announced the schedule of the 2010 competition in advance which will be held from July 15 – 25, 2010.
1. Kevin Langeree (Naish, NED)
2. Youri Zoon (Slingshot, NED)
3. Aaron Hadlow (Flexifoil, GBR)
1. Joanna Litwin (Nobile, POL)
2. Bruna Kajiya (Flexifoil, BRA)
3. Karolina Winkowska (Naish, POL)
Course Racing Results
1. Bruno Sroka (Cabrinha, FRA) – 7.6 points
2. Olivier Dansin (North, FRA) – 20.7 points
3. Dirk Hanel (North, GER) – 20.9 points
1. Steph Bridge (North, GRB) – 7.6 points
2. Kristin Boese (Best, GER) -17.4 points
3. Fabienne D’Ortoli (Cabrinha, FRA) – 21.7 points
For the riders, by the riders, the Professional Kiteboard Riders Association (PKRA) – the foremost authority in kiteboarding events hosted the Kitesurf World Cup competition. Since 2000, the PKRA has been in the forefront of professional kitesurfing, organizing world-class, professional kitesurfing events and the PKRA World Tour.
For more information please visit or contact: